Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sea Creatures Bathroom

Here is the kids' new bathroom. It is a Jack & Jill so basically Pete and Maria will share it because it is between their rooms. I just love the illustrations in a Farm Animal book that my mom got for Maria and it lists a bunch of other books. They are all out of print but I called the publisher and they allowed me to buy one of their last copies. How is that for resourcefulness?
My pallette and my inspiration

Who doesn't love IKEA? The mirrors are from IKEA (Jason's idea) and we also found the lamps that look like shells on sale at one of the home improvement stores. Forgot that we need to add handles to the cabinets. I think I will carry the wave shape onto the knobs.


Cute accessories from Kohls. Love how the octopus holds the toothbrush.

I love Pottery Barn and my resourceful husband. Pottery Barn sends me a catalog full of expensive stuff but I show it to my husband and he just makes it himself. Oh, and my Mother In Law does all of the sewing. She made the cushion which I think matches the Octopus color perfectly. Thanks Mom!
Once again, the mirrors are from IKEA and once again, my resourceful husband thought to attach them to the wall with velcro because the occupants of the bathroom love to tear the mirrors off of the wall and one of them even likes to bite them!! Note the non-sea creature sitting on the rug.
And thank you to one of my friends from the nest for recommending this wonderful shower curtain which matches the mirror concept. They were no longer selling it by the time I looked for it so thanks to the lady on ebay that sold it to me!! There are little tiny fishies used as the shower curtain hooks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Cutest bathroom ever! You and you and your husband did an amazing job. - Keri

Amanda said...

That is SO stinkin' cute!!!!!!

Julie said...

Amazing!!!

McGee said...

That's so creative! I never would have thought to use PB furniture (or DIY Pottery Barn-inspired) furniture in a bathroom like that! :)

Okema said...

Wow very creative!

Kristen said...

Super cute Christina! You have some lucky kids :)

mary carstens said...

great job! can you come and do my son's bathroom :)

Amanda said...

I love it!!!